As the true procrastinator I am, I decided to do everyones favourite type of procrastinating… ProcrastiBaking! Here is the recipe and some pro tips and tricks I learnt along the way!
1 Tbls milk
2 Tbls golden or maple syrup
1/4 cup (60ml) milk
30g unsalted butter – softened at room temperature
Oven: 180C / 350F
- Pre heat oven and then line your tray with patty pan / cake papers.
- In one large bowl add the flour, crushed Maltesers*, caster sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In separate bowl, beat together (on low setting) melted butter*, milk, egg and sour cream. Once well combined add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together well with a wooden spoon (or electric beaters if you prefer) until it has formed a thick ‘runny’, ‘gloopy’ dough like mixture. Not quite as runny as a batter.
- Spoon cake mix into patty pans – fill to half way.
- Bake for 16 – 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- To make the icing mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. Place in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes to ‘thicken’.
- Spread icing over the now completely cool mini muffins and decorate with one whole Malteser.
*Place whole maltesers into a plastic bag: ziplock back or freezer bag and then crush with wooden spoon until they’re a powder.
*To melt butter, place in a microwave safe container and heat for 30seconds on high. Take it out and stir. If it is not fully melted, put back in for 10second intervals until completely melted.
Thanks for reading! I hope you end up making these delicious little treats! If you do be sure to take a photo and tag me in it! Use #CaitlansKitchen (:
and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue