Welcome to the first instalment of my new Mask series on my blog. For the month of March I will be testing out the ‘Swisse Manuka Honey Detoxifying Facial Mask’ This mask went viral about a month or two ago in some beauty groups I’m in on Facebook and it sent everyone out buying a tub of this stuff and claiming their skin had never looked better but no one really gave a proper review so I thought if I wan’t to know the answers I might as well do it myself!
I’ve compiled a list of judging criteria. I hope to get a thorough review of each mask. This week shall be the introduction of the mask then the next two weeks will be me trailing it and letting you know my thoughts then the last week will be my full review.
Introducing the: SWISSE Manuka Honey Detoxifying Facial Mask with Charcoal and Kaolin Clay!
- Price: $17.99 at Priceline $14.99 at Chemist Warehouse
- Target/Aim: To detoxify and purify skin leaving it feeling smooth and hydrated
- Skin Type: Combination Skin – Well suited for congested and blemish prone skin
- Smell: It has a cherry/medicin scent like a faint smell of red starburst
- Texture: Smooth can feel a little gritty once it starts to dry
- Colour: Dark grey
- Directions: “Apply to clean, dry skin. Leave on for 10 minutes, or until the mask feels firm and dry, then rinse off with warm water. Follow with your favourite Swisse natural oil and moisturiser. Recommended for use once to twice per week”.
From what I’ve heard about this mask, it goes on dark grey and then dries to a light grey/white colour. The spots left dark on the skin are the pores and that is supposedly where the mask is doing its work. I don’t have ‘acne prone’ skin, however I do get quite large pores so if this mask can do something to clear them or even minimise them. That’d be great!
Let the great mask mayhem begin! Be sure to check back for my thoughts on using this mask for 1 week.
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue