I know I’ve just stated that its ‘Officially Autumn‘, but what you would have seen in that post is me joking that it’d still be hot until April, and LORD HELP ME it is. The weekend was rather on the hellish side of the thermometer so I thought, “why not embrace it and make delicious frozen treats?”
I’ve made other frozen treats in the past (Nutella Popsicles!) and these basically follow the same process: Easy, Delicious and Refreshing!
I made two types, blueberry and strawberry but you can use any kind of fruit or yogurt you want! Thats what makes these types of treats so great
So the things you’ll need is – and amounts do vary:
- 1 cup pureed blueberries
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups yogurt
I used frozen blueberries and fresh strawberries, feel free to use whatever kind you like! Remember that pureed substances are different than the berry in its original state so 1 cup might equal 2 cups of berried before being blended. Make sense? Cool.
I used low fat vanilla yogurt for mine, but feel free to use whatever type you like, I’m personally not a fan of plain yogurt or greek yogurt.
Pro Tip: Use honey or agave to add some sweetness!
- Puree the berries – can use blender, nutri-bullet, magic-bullet, stand/stab mixer anything that will do the job!
- In a separate bowl divide half of the yogurt and mix in one type of the berry puree!
- Mix in the other berries into the rest of the yogurt.
- Spoon mixture into the popsicle moulds remembering not to fill them to the brim. When you put the handles in the mixture might spill out. So keep an eye out for that.
- Any left over mixture can still be used! I used left over blueberry mix to make a smoothie and then I added the rest of that plus the left over strawberry mix into ice cube trays to freeze for other smoothies! Yay ready to go smoothie cubes!
- Put them in the freezer over night and you’re good to go!
Here are the final results! They’re so delicious. The blueberry ones are my favourite! (I’m a blueberry fiend) The cubes are the perfect size for smoothies!
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue