Mask one is DONE! It feels like I’ve been using this mask for years, but at least I know that I should be able to give a pretty thorough review / know what my thoughts are for this product because I’ve been using it for so long! So lets get into the final review! First up with be my weekly review and then my overall thoughts!
- Price: $17.99 at Priceline $14.99 at Chemist Warehouse
- Target/Aim: To detoxify and purify skin leaving it feeling smooth and hydrated
- Skin type: Combination Skin – Well suited for congested and blemish prone skin
- Smell: It has a cherry/medicin scent like a faint smell of red starburst
- Texture: Smooth can feel a little gritty once it starts to dry
- Colour: Dark grey
- Directions: “Apply to clean, dry skin. Leave on for 10 minutes, or until the mask feels firm and dry, then rinse off with warm water. Follow with your favourite Swisse natural oil and moisturiser. Recommended for use once to twice per week”.
- Application: For this week I used the foundation brush technique and it is by far my favourite mode of application. I find I get an even coat of product and don’t have messy hands to transfer product all over my bathroom!
- Dry Time: Anywhere from 5 – 20 mins.
- 5 mins in: Mask is setting quick – I assume its because of the even coating and its quite thin.
- 10 mins in: Mask is almost all set, still the same deal with my pores being a darker colour.
- Just before removal: Face is fully dry, same areas are ‘dark’.
- Removal process: I’ve been really liking the ‘soak a flannel in warm water and sit it on my face then gently wipe’ technique. I went out and bought some inexpensive ones from kmart that are a dark grey colour so they don’t stain my white towels. I defiantly suggest doing this!
- Instant results: No negative reactions. Face is smooth and clear.
- 10 mins after: Face is smooth, no irritation or redness. Skin is clear and bright.
- Next morning: No breakouts this week like last week so that’s a plus. Skin feels soft still and smooth. Pores seem clear.
- Visible change: Same as previous weeks.
I think this mask is great if you like face masks. I feel like it is something that you’d add to your permanent beauty regime instead of it being a once off ‘fix all’ product. I feel like yes it did keep my pores clean after I’d used it and it did help draw out imperfections so I feel like if I was to continue using this product it might have a permanent positive reaction for my skin.
In my experience it did keep pores clear, my skin felt soft and smooth, it isn’t a hard or lengthy process to do twice or even three times a week, it is quite relaxing.
My final opinion is that if you were to use this mask twice to three times a week it would keep skin in a good condition I don’t feel like it is something you’ll use once and all of your problems will be fixed. Keep in mind that all skin is different and you will have to try it for yourself.
The mask does feel nice and I think it’d be a cool thing to get your girl friends over, have some wine and slap this all over your faces – using the foundation brush is a must! Removing this with a damp cloth is also the easiest way of removal (except for showering).
You get a decent amount in the tub as well. I thought there would be hardly any, but doing these posts I’ve used it at least 8 times and there is still plenty in the tub. I feel like for the price you could easily get 20 uses out of it making it approx <$1 per use. That’s pretty affordable in my book!
Final word: I recommend you trying it and seeing if it helps your skin. It kept my pores clear but didn’t really do much in the way of minimising them. I noticed a small difference nothing to write home about though!
So there you have it! My final review on the SWISSE Manuka Honey Mask! I’m excited to move on to the next mask. I hope you’re enjoying these posts as much as I am enjoying making them!
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue