So its time for my week 1 review of this months mask! This is one I will defiantly have to work with in order for it to be something I’d go back to, but have a read of how I went!
- Price: $5.99 Priceline
- Target/Aim: ‘…to remove dead skin cells from the skin and unclog pores’
- Skin Type: Doesn’t specify.
- Smell: There isn’t really a smell, although it does kind of smell like glue. The scent is meant to be ‘pomegranate’ but I don’t smell it at all.
- Texture: Thick, sticky, smooth.
- Colour: Bright Pink!
- Directions: “Cleanse face with your favourite BE Cleanser, and dry in preparation for the mask. Apply a thin, even layer of the mask to yourface and neck, avoiding the delicate eye area, lips and hair. Leave the mask on to dry for around 15 minutes or until completely dry. Once dry gently peel away the mask from the face. Do not pull away quickly. Wash off any remaining pieces of the maskwith warm water.Pat face and neck dry. Use once weekly or as required.”
- Dry Time: Anywhere from 5-15 minutes
- 5 mins in: As mask begins to set my skin feels tight, no irritation.
- 10 mins in: Almost fully set, still no irritation.
- Just before removal: When the mask is fully dry/set it looks shiney and kind of feels like wrinkly skin.
- Removal process: AGONY! I felt like I was waxing my face!
The mask is ready to remove when it starts to peel away from the face so I carefully started peeling. In the centre of my face was ok a bit rough, but much like a pore strip so it wasn’t so bad. HOWEVER, the outer edges clung to the peach fuzz on my face and it felt like it was ripping everything out. The mask didn’t meet my hair line, just like the packaging said and I didn’t use any fast peeling motions. It felt like it was pulling a layer of skin off. Any mask left on the skin can wash off with warm water and gentle rubbing motions.
- Instant results: Redness! My skin felt soft-ish, but I didn’t really care because of the pain I was in.
- 10 mins after: Still red. The redness lasted 2-3 hours.
- Next morning: Redness gone. My pores didn’t look any clearer. My skin felt soft and looked nice.
- Visible change: Slightly fresher looking skin.
What the packaging says:
“A refreshing Peel-Off Facial Mask which works to remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface and unclog pores to reveal a freshand radiant complexion. Includes Pomegranate extract, known for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and for fightingfree radicals in the skin, and Vitamin E for its soothing and smoothing effects.”
The mask is set, its shiney, and started peeling away from my face. All I did was gently pull it away. It feels strange (I think thats because its pink and kinda skin coloured), But around the chin and nose it didn’t hurt too bad.
As soon as I got past the cheek though, it started to hurt a lot! It was clearly stuck to my face and you can see how much it was pulling at my skin! I had to take a break for a while as you can see my face already going red. And let me tell you, my face doesn’t go red for any old reason. This was intense!
The aftermath. Redness. I thought it was a stain from the pink, but it didn’t stain my fingers after application or anything like that. This is irritation from the mask removal.
Pro Tips: Do not put this anywhere near hair lines. I am hesitant to use it again. I think this time I will only focus it in the centre of my face and not in any ‘peach fuzzy’ areas.
Do you have this mask? Did this happen to you? Let me know!
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue