First review of the sheet mask! It is a beautiful mix of scary and ugly when wearing it. Keep that in mind.
- Price: $19.99 Priceline, Woolworths, $15.99 at Chemist Warehouse, $22.00 Coles ($14.00 sale price). Pack contains 5 masks – approx $4.00 per mask.
- Target/Aim: ‘… to provide long lasting moisture to help skin look hydrated, radiant and glowing’
- Skin Type: Suited for Dry Skin but aimed at any skin that needs moisture.
- Smell: The smell is somewhat like cherry medicine scent – like the rest of the Hydro Boost range. It doesn’t linger nor do I find it unpleasant.
- Texture: Each is a stretchy cloth mask that feels slippery and like gel.
- Colour: White and the gel is clear.
- Directions: “To use, remove mask and unfold gently stretching the fabric cloth to cover your entire face, press lightly with finger tips to set in place and relax for 15 minute allowing the essence nourish your skin. Ideal for use at night, once the fabric mask is removed the concentrated formula works beneath the skin to continuously hydrate whilst you sleep.”
What the packaging says:
Use after cleansing, open pack, take out mask and unfold.
Gently stretch the mask leftwards and rightward to cover your entire face.
Press lightly with fingertips to set in place over face. Relax for 15mins and remove mask. Manage remaining maskhydrating essence on face. There is no need to rinse off the essence. Discard the sheet after use. Ideal for use at night.
- Application: When removing the mask from the packaging its really slimy and slippery. But easy to peel apart and put on your face. It is however quite cold, so keep that in mind!
- Dry Time: Recommended to leave the mask on for 15 minutes, I put mine on and watched a movie.
- 5 mins in: The gel had warmed up to body temp so its not so cold anymore, but it does feel refreshing.
- 10 mins in: All good. Although, the strip between the nose and the mouth – so the mask moustache keeps falling down onto my lips, its just annoying that I have to keep pressing it on to my face and re-arranging that little section.
- Just before removal: The mask still has a heap of gel in it. I don’t want to waste it.
- Removal process: SUPER EASY! How satisfying. Its only taken three months to get a super easy mask. I peeled it off the squeezed out any remaining gel and rubbed it into my décolletage and neck. I didn’t want to waste the product. I also massaged the gel on my face into my skin.
- Instant results: Super refreshed! – The gel sits on your face until you rub it in. It slowly sinks in.
- 10 mins after: No reaction! Skin feels soft, and a little tacky? but not gross or sticky.
- Next morning: Still smooth and no reaction. I might try sleeping with the mask on..
- Visible change: Skin looks refreshed. I did this mask at night before bed.
This mask contains 6x more hyaluronic acid (the moisture stuff) than the hydro-boost serum. (which I also own) so I’m pretty keen on getting some supple skin!
I tried really hard to get a nice photo. This is the best I could do. The mask has enough give that it can fit most face shapes/sizes. There was excess fabric on mine.
Its almost impossible to get a smooth application, however it doesn’t change the results. One of the things I’ll have to try for next time is making sure it all touches my skin and doesn’t stretch over it. you can see the ‘air bubbles’ around my eye sockets. Annoying.
Who doesn’t love a bad skin, bad lighting selfie? This is what the skin looks like when the mask is removed. Fresh and juicy. mmmm.
The gel is super easy to massage into the skin. I think I’m really going to enjoy using these masks once a week.
Do you have experience with sheet masks? or know of any other good hydrating products? I’d love to know!
Thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue