Back at it again with the white face mask! This time I slept with it on! keep reading to see my results. This is such a fun mask! Such little effort but such good results!
- Price: $19.99 Priceline, Woolworths, $15.99 at Chemist Warehouse, $22.00 Coles ($14.00 sale price). Pack contains 5 masks – approx $4.00 per mask.
- Target/Aim: ‘… to provide long lasting moisture to help skin look hydrated, radiant and glowing’
- Skin Type: Suited for Dry Skin but aimed at any skin that needs moisture.
- Smell: The smell is somewhat like cherry medicine scent – like the rest of the Hydro Boost range. It doesn’t linger nor do I find it unpleasant.
- Texture: Each is a stretchy cloth mask that feels slippery and like gel.
- Colour: White and the gel is clear.
- Directions: “To use, remove mask and unfold gently stretching the fabric cloth to cover your entire face, press lightly with finger tips to set in place and relax for 15 minute allowing the essence nourish your skin. Ideal for use at night, once the fabric mask is removed the concentrated formula works beneath the skin to continuously hydrate whilst you sleep.”
What the packaging says:
Use after cleansing, open pack, take out mask and unfold.
Gently stretch the mask leftwards and rightward to cover your entire face.
Press lightly with fingertips to set in place over face. Relax for 15mins and remove mask. Manage remaining maskhydrating essence on face. There is no need to rinse off the essence. Discard the sheet after use. Ideal for use at night.
- Application: This week I didn’t care so much about getting the mask smooth on my face, I didn’t care if it was wrinkled, I just wanted to make sure that there was no air pockets like last time.
- Dry Time: This time I slept with it on. Which turned out better than I thought.
- 5 mins in: When you first apply this, its so cold, so that kind of woke me up a bit, but after a few minutes, its room temperature because of your body heat. It feels refreshing.
- 10 mins in: Because I’m laying down, the strip between my nose and lip wasn’t such a big issue.
- Just before removal: So I slept with it on for approx 7 hours and it actually went really well, I thought it’d fall off in the night and I’d end up with a soggy pillow, but that wasn’t the case! Because the gel and the fabric work well together it is the right amount of ‘sticky’ and it didn’t slide around my face at all!
- Removal process: Super easy!
- Instant results: My skin felt so supple. A good kind of squidgy? I could feel the moisture being sucked in by my dry skin. It was a nice way to wake up with nice fresh skin.
- 10 mins after: I was running late this morning so I went straight into my skincare and makeup routine. Makeup applied really nicely over the fresh skin.
- Next morning: N/A
- Visible change: It seemed to counteract some redness and obviously my dry patches weren’t so bad.
This mask contains 6x more hyaluronic acid (the moisture stuff) than the hydro-boost serum. (which I also own) so I’m pretty keen on getting some supple skin!
I’d just applied the mask here, and as you can see there are air pockets around the eye area and bridge of the nose. This is something that I wanted to try and stop. So I re arranged it. I also thing it looks better when the eye cut outs are a big bigger. There is something just super creepy about this top image – I think its the lack of brows.. and expression. Just super creepy.
Here I’ve re-arranged the mask so theres less air pockets. It looks less creepy too. Shout out to my main man Thomas (the seal in the background) for making an appearance in todays blog post!
Here I am with my trusty cat pillow ready for a good nights sleep! I made sure to leave a little bit extra space around my nose – I was a little worried of suffocating – spoiler alert, I’m alive!
The only down side I can see to sleeping with it on, is I don’t know when to do my night time skin care – usually I do it before bed, but I didn’t want to interrupt the mask. I think next time I’ll just have to take a nap with it on. Ahh, the things I do for the blog!
Thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue