Skincare is one of my favourite things to review – I love finding products that are universal for all skin types even if they’re targeted at a certain type. If you’ve been a reader of my posts you’ll know that I review a different face mask each week for a month. I’ve enjoyed making them work for my skin and giving you guys honest feed back on wether or not I think its worth it. Today I’m here to share with you a product I think is worth it and will work with all skin types.
I’ve mentioned Kismet Jardin a few times here on my blog, and if you follow some other Adelaide Bloggers (you should, they’re lovely) then you might have seen them mention this brand and product too. We received a full size of the Hydra-Gem as a gift amongst other things when we spoke to Kismet Jardin at the Bloggers United AU Adelaide Event. Since then I have been using it on and off it wasn’t until I was contacted by them to give a review that I began using it daily. I have been using it daily for a month now and I feel like I’m ready to review it in depth. In case I miss anything, read about it here!!
This is the product here – firstly the packaging. Absolutely gorgeous. The bottle comes with a pump and it disperses the perfect amount of product. The bottle itself is thick glass – and let me tell you from experience, it can take a hit. I knocked it off the vanity onto tiles floor and nothing was broken – so its sturdy. A win in my book.
A little about the company – Kismet Jardin is a South Australian brand based right here in Adelaide so its perfect for those who want to shop local and support SA. Kismet Jardin believe in all natural everything, there is a really cute story about nature in today’s busy concrete life that is really quite lovely to read on their website. The word Kismet means fate or destiny and the word Jardin is French for garden. So when put together it can mean Fate’s Garden or The Garden of Destiny – something along those lines, which is quite a pretty mental image.
This photo looks so photoshopped but I assure you, it isn’t. Its just my awkward self touching my face – the usual.
When I use this product: I use one to two pumps of this in the morning after my usual skincare routine and before makeup and at night once I’ve taken all my makeup off – done my nightly skincare and right before bed.
A few things that I’ve noticed about this product:
- How fast it absorbs into the skin. It is almost instant – I don’t have to wait around for it to sink in I can apply makeup almost instantly after.
- Texture is lightweight and very smooth. Its quite a runny formula but nothing that gets out of hand. No chunky bits or residue and no oils. Its an oil-free product.
- The smell of this is interesting. There is no scents or perfumes added so it won’t irritate your skin. The smell is purely of the all natural, certified organic products used to make up this product. It doesn’t linger and I don’t think it is terrible its just an earthy smell, almost like laying in grass? Grass sweat? is that a thing? I’m making it sound worse than what it is! It doesn’t linger, but keep it in mind.
- I’ve noticed that my skin is starting to firm up – nothing like The Thing from Fantastic 4 or anything. But I feel like its smooth and tight – in a good way. I’ve also noticed no reaction from this – I’ve not had any break outs – and my skin isn’t as obnoxiously dry as it used to be. Its supple and plump without being oily. My skin tone has improved and I find myself having more ‘good skin days’.
What the product boasts:
Hydra-Gem is to support collagen and elastane synthesis and to plump, protect and deeply hydrate skin. I’m not sure what I can say personally for the collagen and elastane part because I do still have ‘young skin’ and haven’t noticed myself lacking in that area – but prevention is the best cause of action right? – or something like that so I hope that I’m gonna be having flawless skin when I’m 75. (Come back in 40 years for a review). I can say however, that my skin feels plump and hydrated. There has been no excess oils or anything coming to my skin so I can imagine how good that would be to those of you who suffer from oily issues. Hyaluronic Acid is one of the ingredients in this which is a big moisture boost to the skin and I can’t get enough of it.
Some more things I’ve noticed:
- It works well under makeup. It provides a protective barrier between skin and makeup. Hence why it is a serum-primer. Really, it is a universal product.
- It travels well – because I proved to myself accidentally that it can take a hit, I take it with me when I travel. Its the perfect size, the cap is strong and doesn’t flick off to leak everywhere, and because I don’t usually do a full face of makeup to sit in the car for 3+ hours. I put some of this on and my skin doesn’t feel dry or gross from the air con from all the recycled air. I can just imagine how nice this would feel when flying!
- Dry skin girls! For those of us who like a matte finish makeup without looking flakey – its a hard one to master. There is usually a lot of prep work that goes into readying our skin. Skin oil, moisturiser, primer, dewy face mist, deal with the devil… The usual. I’ve found with this, I can cut out a lot of those steps and wear a matte finish foundation over top. Hydra-Gem creates the perfect base!
- I’ve also found that it works well with other products! For those days that I want a super dewy finish. I use the Hydra-Gem and then a mattifying moisturiser over the top – the Hydra-Gem allows the moisture through without drying my skin, and the matte finish allows the dewy foundation to go on and not slide all over my face! LOVE THAT!
I honestly think this product is a game changed in my morning routine and if you’re someone who loves natural skincare, supporting local brands (don’t worry they ship internationally) and just genuinely good products then I really suggest you look at the Award Winning company – Kismet Jardin.
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget:
☆ When I’m between posts, you can: ☆
↠Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://bit.ly/1O4geSU
↠Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue
Disclaimer: This product was provided to me for reviewing purposes. However, if I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t write about it. Nothing has changed my views.